What is Chiropody?
- A branch of medical science that involves the assessment and management of foot and lower limb disease.
- A Chiropodist is a primary care health professional practicing in podiatric medicine that specializes in the assessment, management, and prevention of diseases and disorders of the foot by therapeutic, surgical, orthotic and palliative means.
- Chiropody is practiced by qualified, regulated practitioners who have undergone government established and recognized programs and examinations.
- Only those who are registered by the Ontario College Of Chiropodist are licensed to practice as Chiropodists or Podiatrists.
- Chiropodists and Podiatrists are the foot specialists with roughly 7 years of training.